Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gearing up

OK. I've given notice at work, found someone to move into the apartment, and things are coming together for my big trip. Unfortunately the happily lost handle on Blogger was taken so I had to add the 17 into the URL. Such is life.

In the next week or so I'll be sending this out to about everyone I have ever met (if you are here, I guess I did that) so everyone will know where to tune in to follow my travels. I'm going to post my tentative itinerary here but I am sure it will change. If you have contacts to share in or near anywhere I am going or tips, suggestions, etc., please feel free to let me know. Also, while I am away, I'm going to want to hear from you all. So please add comments to the blog and send me emails. It is going to be exciting, but it'll be lonely at times as well. Plus I do want to keep up on what is going on with everyone I care about (it isn't ALL about me :)).

Anyway, here is the rough itinerary. Tickets have been purchased as far as Bali:
Depart LAX November 3, 2008
Fiji November 5-13
New Zealand November 13-December 5
Indonesia 3-4 weeks
Southeast Asia (Malaysia, Thailand, Loas, Cambodia, Vietnam) 3 months
India 1 month
Africa (countries TBD) 2 months
South/Central America (countries TBD) 3 months

9 comments:

hjs000 said...

Yippee! I have already added your blog to my blog rss feed. I cannot wait to follow you around the world.

Jody said...

What's the significance of the number "17" added to the URL. I know it's not your age. ;)

GABoomerSooner said...

OMG. this is SO exciting!! I have started saving a month ago for south america. Pray nothing blows up in my house lol Can't wait to read about your adventures!! be sure to email me the things you can't (or don't want to) publish on a blog! that is the juicy stuff!!!

Stacy said...

17 is just my favorite number...

Unknown said...

Listen to me lady! You are traveling through out the World and leaving out Europe?! That's not good :)) I was hoping to see you somewhere in Europe. I am going to South America for 3 weeks in January but seems that you will be in a different place then......
But I will see what I can do, may be to meet you with you in Africa......

Adriana L said...

I hope you're voting before you leave?!?!?!? Have fun!!

becky said...

I want to climb in your backpack and let you carry me around the world!!!

Sorry to miss you in Nashvegas ... :(

Deb said...

Yo Stacy! Thanks for hooking me up with your blog info. I will miss you down at KO Fitness, but looking forward to following you around the rest of the world ... !

iliketeepees said...

Start your avalanche beacon!